8.04.2009

Im a survivor.




Ever since I was a little kid, I've had an obsession with survival kits. I used to make them out of empty shoe boxes and first aid kits and put everything from socks to mini shampoo bottles in them. The obsession didn't get any better when I read Steven Kings novel The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. A stray from his usual horror stories, this novel is about a girl who gets lost in the woods and listens to baseball to keep herself motivated to live and be found. Anyway, needless to say, I've been looking for the perfect little first aid kit, and I think I found the best: Lifeline Ultralight Survival kit is $15 and has everything you need to make it in the great outdoors. Taking up about as much room as a buncha postcards, the kit includes waterproof matches, an 80" x 50" emergency blanket, 50 ft. of fishing line with four hooks and sinker weights, a surgical blade, five wound closure strips, a map compass, emergency whistle, three feet of duct tape, and more, all in an included waterproof carrying case. I would add water purifying pills and a nail file, and then you can be on your way.

1 comment:

My New Favourite Thing said...

I used to make them too! Used to pack everything imaginable into a matchbox and carry it around with me. God knows why.