2.10.2008

History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.


So, I think after living in Manhattan for about 3 years, I've done a fair share of fine and otherwise dining and The Little Owl has been my most pleasant dining experience yet.  With that in mind, be wary of the fact that its like a 3 month waiting list, unless you happen to wander in on a night where they're 2 "unreserved tables" are open.  
The menu is a mixture of French, Mediterranean and American foods, with seasonal specials like the risotto which, occasionally they ship in white truffles from Italy to be shaved on top (for a meager additional $30..) I wish I hadn't been such a pussy and ordered the Colorado Lamb T-bone which my date had.. and it turned out to be absolutely heavenly with the perfect combination of goat cheese gnocchi and a citrus-y watercress and onion salad.  I instead had the crispy chicken, which was equally delicious but extremely heavy, with whipped mashed potatoes covered with sherry and dijon. 
The meal was incredible, but the atmosphere was also something worth writing home about; perfectly lit, small tables, and big open windows.  The service was excellent, and the wine! oh the wine was wonderful. I don't even know what I drank, because I went with a french man and he ordered all the wines.  But overall, it was a great experience and I hope one day to go back... thus far, I haven't been able to get a reservation till the end of March.

No comments: